Security Fix Release: ModSecurity v2.6.6
The ModSecurity Development Team has released version 2.6.6 in response to a multipart bypass vulnerability that was disclosed to us. Users are strongly encouraged to update. Please see the release notes included into CHANGES file.
Users are strongly encouraged to update to v2.6.6 (download).
- Added build system support for KfreeBSD and HURD.
- Fixed a multipart bypass issue related to quote parsing Credits to Qualys Vulnerability & Malware Research Labs (VMRL).
ModSecurity v2.7.0-RC1 Available
The ModSecurity Development Team is pleased to announce the availability of ModSecurity 2.7.0-RC1 Release Candidate. This version includes many security enhancements including the ability to add cryptographic hash validation tokens to outbound data to prevent parameter tampering. The release also includes many performance enhancements to the Lua API and PCRE code. Please see the release notes included into CHANGES file.
ModSecurity v2.7.0-RC1 (download).
OWASP ModSecurity CRS v2.2.5 Available
This update includes security fixes related to multipart content-type bypasses so users are strongly encouraged to update (download). In addition, we have included many cool integration updates.
- Added forceRequestBodyVariable action to rule ID 960904
- Updated the anomaly scoring value for rule ID 960000 to critical (Identified by QualysVulnerability & Malware Research Labs (VMRL))
- Updated Content-Type check to fix possible evasion with @within (Identified by Qualys Vulnerability & Malware Research Labs (VMRL))