A TrustKeeper Scan Engine update is now ready. We have coverage for a few new vulnerabilities for Samba and ColdFusion. We've also included a check for Malicious IIS Module as discussed by Josh Grunzweig and Ryan Barnett in detail here and here. This update also adds coverage for several cPanel vulnerabilities described in the cPanel advisory (advisory TSR-2013-0009).
New Vulnerability Test Highlights
Some of the more interesting vulnerability tests we added recently are as follows:
- Malicious IIS Module Logging POST Data
- cPanel 'Rearrange an Account' File Disclosure Vulnerability
- cPanel /var/cpanel/sessions Credential Disclosure Vulnerability
- cPanel Account Transfer Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- cPanel autorespond.pl Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- cPanel cpAddons Access Restriction Bypass Vulnerability
- cPanel cpAddons Installation Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- cPanel cpAddons Stored Cross-Site-Scripting Vulnerability
- cPanel httpd.conf Denial of Service Vulnerability
- cPanel Locale XML Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- cPanel NVData Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- cPanel WHM Account Un-suspension Vulnerability
How to Update?
All Trustwave customers using the TrustKeeper Scan Engine receive the updates automatically as soon as an update is available. No action is required.