Yes folks, it is time again for another update on the new developments in the TrustKeeper Scan Engine.
This update includes coverage for three new vulnerabilities for phpMyAdmin. These vulnerabilities are cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in a variety of components that are associated with database and table modification functions. All of these vulnerabilities are addressed as of the latest versions of phpMyAdmin (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168), which were released on August 12, 2012. We recommend upgrading to the latest versions as soon as possible.
Additionally, the update includes coverage for two new vulnerabilities for MySQL. Both vulnerabilities are denial of service and require authenticated access to be exploited. However, if authenticated access is achieved, exploiting these vulnerabilities could result in denial of service conditions. All of these vulnerabilities are addressed as of MySQL (5.1.63 and 5.5.24), which were released last month.
As always, a number of new vulnerability checks and improvements to existing tests were implemented based on feedback from our customers.
New Vulnerability Test Highlights
Some of the more interesting vulnerability tests we added recently are as follows:
* Apache HTTP Server XSS in mod_negotiation Vulnerability (CVE-2012-2687)
* Apache HTTP Server Back End Connection Closing Response Mixup Vulnerability (CVE-2012-3502)
* Cisco Clientless WebVPN crash after browser refreshes WebVPN portal page (CVE-2012-1344)
* Cisco IOS BGP Update Denial of Service Vulnerability (CVE-2012-1367)
* Cisco IOS Software no ipv6 address autoconfig May Cause Crash After Router Advertisement Flood Vulnerability (CSCti33534) (CVE-2010-4671)* Cisco IOS Software Crash During Webauth Test After Successful Login Vulnerability (CSCts88664) (CVE-2012-1338)
* Cisco IOS Software Crosstalk May be Heard by PSTN Callers During Call on Hold Vulnerability (CSCtx77750) (CVE-2012-1361)
* Cisco IOS Software Crash due to Corrupted magic value in in-use chunk when accessing irc (CSCso05336) (CVE-2009-5038)
* Cisco IOS Software Memory Leak on SIP UDP REGISTER Call Paths During Fuzzing Vulnerability (CSCtg41733) (CVE-2010-4683)
* Cisco IOS Software Wireless packets wedge radio interface input queue DoS (CSCtc12426)
* Cisco IOS Software Pub key cache for peers is not cleared after cert map change (CSCta79031)
* Cisco IOS Software CME crash after submitting SNR number change menu from EM phone
* Vulnerabilities in Windows Networking Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution (MS12-054) (CVE-2012-1850, CVE-2012-1851, CVE-2012-1852, CVE-2012-1853)
* Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Could Allow Remote Code Execution (MS12-053) (CVE-2012-2526)
* Vulnerability in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (MS12-055)
* MySQL Server Executable Comment Feature Remote Code Excecution Vulnerability (CVE-2009-5026)
* MySQL Incorrect Calculation and Sort Order Index Denial of Service (CVE-2012-2749)
* MySQL HANDLER READ NEXT after DELETE Denial of Service (CVE-2012-2102)
* phpMyAdmin Multiple Cross-site Scripting Issues in Database Table Operations (CVE-2012-4345,
* phpMyAdmin show_config_errors.php Path Disclosure Vulnerability (CVE-2012-4219)
* PHP HTTP Response Splitting Protection Bypass Vulnerability (CVE-2011-1398)
* Smarty smarty_function_html_options_optoutput Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2012-4277)
* Splunk 4.3 and Earlier Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2012-1908)
How to Update?
All Trustwave customers using the TrustKeeper Scan Engine receive the updates "auto-magically" as soon as an update is available. No action is required.