Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft previously patched zero-day vulnerabilities connected to the mysterious hacker group Shadow Brokers, which purportedly released exploits stolen from the U.S. National Security Agency.
2) Last week brought patches galore, including from Microsoft (which snuffed out a zero-day bug in Word that was under active attack), Adobe and Juniper.
3) The FBI arrested the alleged mastermind of the Kelihos spamming botnet.
4) Public companies should expect their stock price to considerable fall following a breach, new research shows.
5) EU and NATO nations are teaming up to open a Finland-based center that will work to halt cybercrime and digital disinformation campaigns.