Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Attackers are crafting malware-laden phishing emails that target users of software development platform GitHub.
2) The FBI warned health care companies a rampant uptick in attacks against FTP servers.
3) Vulnerabilities were exposed in password manager LastPass and virtualization platform VMware. Patches only exist for the latter.
4) Exploit code for a zero-day vulnerability in (now-unsupported) Microsoft IIS 6.0 was published, putting large numbers of websites at risk.
5) The creator of a legitimate remote administrator tool (RAT), which was used by hackers in several intrusions, is under arrest - and researchers fear his prosecution will have a chilling effect on research.