Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
Now on to five security things to know this week:
1) Apple released patches for its operating systems and browser, while Oracle dropped a heavy quarterly security update which resulted in malicious hacker interest.
2) Microsoft continued to push out fixes for the Spectre vulnerability revealed earlier this year.
3) The U.S. Department of Defense's National Institute of Standards and Technology issued an updated version of its Cybersecurity Framework, which provides voluntary best practices for managing cyber risk.
4) Global authorities united to take down a website that sold DDoS-for-hire services.
5) Google bulked up its anti-phishing functionality for Gmail users.