Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Security researcher and WannaCry outbreak killer Marcus Hutchins, who was recently charged with creating the banking Trojan "Kronos," is scheduled to appear in court on Monday - as some in the infosec community pledge support.
2) Patches were plentiful last week, including fixes from Microsoft, Adobe and Mozilla.
3) Beware of fake Microsoft tech support emails, which the software giant believes are becoming more elaborate.
4) Google will now notify Gmail for iOS users about suspected phishing threats.
5) The person who made some of the earliest recommendations around password use has some regrets.