Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) The Black Hat and DEFCON conferences are here. Time to gear up for the most anticipated week on the infosec calendar.
2) Google pulled scores of apps from its Play Store because they contained Windows malware.
3) The U.S. Department of Homeland Security stood up a "cyber hub" to better respond to threats against critical infrastructure.
4) Nearly one-third of CISOs expect to enter a bug bounty program in the next year.
5) More than 200,000 routers and growing were zombified to install cryptomining scripts.