Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) There is simply too much to recount from last week's record-setting Black Hat conference, but this takes a stab at debriefing some of the hot research you may have missed.
2) New stories from DEFCON continue to pour in, but they include an IoT thermostat vulnerability drop from Trustwave researchers.
3) Here is why frequently changing your password could be… a bad idea.
4) Can a rating system for some of the world's most popular software lead to a tectonic shift for security?
5) Apple unveiled its first-ever bug bounty program.