1. Twitter began notifying users it suspects have been targeted by state-sponsored hackers.
2. Microsoft, Apple and Adobe all released huge patch loads last week, some for publicly known vulnerabilities.
3. A legal battle that raised the larger question of the Federal Trade Commission's power to regulate security practices in the private sector ended in a settlement.
4. Probably not surprising news, but new research shows that visiting websites in search of pirated content will result in malware.
5. Here's a clear-cut guide to the ongoing encryption debate.
Bonus: Is your VPN vulnerable to attack?