Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) The co-authors of the Mirai botnet, which led to record-setting DDoS attacks that disrupted much of the internet last year, pleaded guilty.
2) A new ransomware variant, spread through malicious Microsoft Office files and demanding bitcoin ransom, gives victims only four days to pay up.
3) Microsoft's last scheduled security update of the year patched for 32 different issues.
4) A new piece of malware, known as Triton, has emerged - and it targets industrial control systems.
5) Android malware dubbed Loapi comes with a broad array of malevolent capabilities.