Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here
1) In an effort to quell demand for such services, authorities in Europe and the United States charged 34 people with paying for distributed denial-of-service attacks.
2) Microsoft and Adobe issued patches for dozens of vulnerabilities.
3) Breach insurance has become big business.
4) Via malicious ads, attackers are infecting scores of router models with the DNSChanger exploit kit, which causes computers on the targeted network to visit sites of the attacker's choosing. Meanwhile, Netgear routers are riddled with a serious vulnerability.
5) Operate a site through WordPress? Researchers are warning of a significant uptick in brute force attacks targeting them.