1. Adobe issued an emergency patch on Monday to address a Flash zero-day vulnerability that is being exploited in the wild.
2. Is ISIS really capable of launching sophisticated hacking attempts? Security experts disagree with government officials.
3. Researchers discovered fresh vulnerabilities that could be exploited during the credit card transaction process to steal customer PINs and loot merchant bank accounts.
4. The PCI Security Standards Council pushed back by two years the date on which e-commerce retailers must upgrade to TLS, a stronger form of encryption.
5. Security researchers had a busy year compromising the Internet of Things.