Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Mozilla and Tor issued a patch for a zero-day vulnerability that was being used to expose users of the anonymity network.
2) U.S.-based technology companies are resisting a new Chinese cybersecurity bill that would make sharing of source code compulsory.
3) New variants of Cerber ransomware and NetWire remote access Trojan are making the rounds.
4) An international alliance of law enforcement disrupted a massive and long-standing phishing and malware ring.
5) More than a million Android phones were infected as part of a scheme to raise the ratings of certain apps.