1. Cybercrooks are producing new strains of malware at record rates.
2. If you're still running Java software, Oracle released fixes for an assortment of vulnerabilities.
3. Reports that hackers had compromised Israel's power grid appear to have been overblown, and the incident was merely related to a ransomware attack.
4. That's not to downplay the possibility of direct attacks against electric grids. For example, researchers discovered 'BlackEnergy' malware being distributed via Word documents.
5. Speaking of ransomware, the threat extends to mobile, where a majority of Android users are at risk to a nasty new strain.