Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Malware that forces compromised computers to mine crypto currencies hit thousands of websites, days after some 5,000 Android devices were similarly infected to form a crypto mining botnet.
2) Multiple people were charged with helping to spearhead a popular hacking forum that traded stolen credit card numbers and malicious software, among other cybercriminal goods and services.
3) Adobe delivered an emergency patch to plug a zero-day hole being actively exploited.
4) Two men were hit with ATM "jackpotting" charges in Connecticut after authorities alleged they impersonated technicians to install malware on the cash machines.
5) Phishing scammers are impersonating several trusted sources, including the Internet Crime Complaint Center.