Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) A vulnerability in WordPress allowed hackers to deface hundreds of thousands of websites running on the content management platform.
2) Adobe patched its Flash software, but Microsoft delayed its February fixes until next month.
3) Several Android "connected-car" applications lack basic security features that would prevent hackers from compromising them to unlock automobiles and potentially start ignitions.
4) Google announced yet another vulnerability in Microsoft Windows, but the bug is not believed to be "critical."
5) Highly advanced malware believed to be state sponsored was used to eavesdrop on audio conversations of Ukrainian businesses.