Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Cybercriminals are actively exploiting a new critical zero-day vulnerability in Flash for which Adobe is expected to patch this week.
2) The number of data breaches tracked by the U.S.-based Identity Theft Resource Center reached an all-time high in 2017.
3) Cryptocurrency botnets have become all the rage, netting millions of dollars in virtual coins for their operators.
4) Lauri Love, a U.K. resident accused of hacking to U.S. government systems, will avoid extradition to the United States after his lawyers argued such a move would be "oppressive."
5) A Cisco VPN software vulnerability garnered a "10 out of 10" severity rating.