Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Ransomware is expected to only worsen in 2017, with the possibility of a "ransomworm" now on the table.
2) One of those ransomware developments will be increased incidents affecting mobile devices, where mobile banking Trojans are being outfitted with ransomware capabilities.
3) Mozilla will soon discontinue Firefox support for the outdated Windows XP and Vista platforms, with an exact end date to be announced later this year.
4) A technique known as steganography - which our SpiderLabs team first told you about in September - has become all the rave with exploit kit operators.
5) How will the incoming U.S. president affect advancements that have been made in cybersecurity?