Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft issued an emergency fix over the weekend to correct a botched patch from Intel related to the Spectre vulnerability.
2) Tax-filing season in the United States is underway, which means tax refund fraud season isn't far off.
3) "Jackpotting" attacks against ATMs, which force the machines to spit out money, have made their way to the United States.
4) Thousands of WordPress sites were infected with a keylogger that also mines cryptocurrency.
5) A new version of the difficult-to-detect Dridex banking malware is being served to victims via compromised FTP sites.