Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Nearly a decade-and-a-half after the passage of the CAN-SPAM Act, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is reviewing its effectiveness.
2) Google patched a critical vulnerability, known as "Broadpwn," that places potentially millions of phones at risk, including iPhones, which are still waiting for a fix.
3) Android users are also at risk of "Copycat" malware, which targets them with bogus advertisements.
4) U.S. authorities are urgently warning nuclear power plant operators that they may be targeted with spear-phishing attacks.
5) Attackers, including those behind Petya, are turning a security pro's best friend - software updates - against them.