Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Authorities partnered to dismantle a popular underground marketplace that sold, among other things, stolen personal information.
2) Two emerging threats are revving up: an affordable password-stealing tool and an automated attack that goes after WordPress installs.
3) The age-old question of whether hacking back is a viable strategy remains up for debate.
4) A new spam botnet is foisting unsolicited adult-themed content into victim inboxes.
5) There may be a depleted pool of qualified job candidates in security, but you still need to stand out from the pack.