Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Millions of patient health care records are up for sale in the cybercriminal underground.
2) Tens of millions of Android devices are susceptible to shoddy full-disk encryption, and millions more were infected with a malware known as HummingBad. Possibly the worst news of all? A majority of Android devices don't contain the latest security patches.
3) The European Union's executive body is investing some $2 billion in cybersecurity research for its member states.
4) A slew of (now-patched) vulnerabilities in popular security tools may place millions of computers at risk to remote code attacks.
5) Finally, your latest dose of ransomware developments.