Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) What goes up must come down? The mighty Angler exploit kit - the most prevalent crimeware package of the past year - looks to have fallen off the face of the Earth. Meanwhile, a major botnet used to spread spam and malware has also gone quiet.
2) The FFIEC in the United States is asking financial institutions to be on guard following the SWIFT hacking attacks.
3) Bug bounty programs at businesses are booming.
4) A rising number of attacks employing malicious macros prompted a warning from US-CERT.
5) If the CEO or CFO is emailing you, it's a good idea to be skeptical.