Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft issued fixes to close holes that could enable attacks similar to WannaCry ransomware and took the unusual step again of patching unsupported systems.
2) The U.S. government directly linked "Hidden Cobra" attacks against the media, aerospace and financial sector to North Korea and warned that more could be on the way.
3) Google is trying to remove from its Google Play store dozens of apps that cause an unending barrage of pop-up ads.
4) European authorities charged six people with purchasing software that could be used to hide malware from detection.
5) The number of unfilled cybersecurity positions may more than triple over the next several years.