Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) A former zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer, patched last month by Microsoft, has found its way into the RIG exploit kit.
2) A new banking Trojan attempts to avoid detection by hiding in Microsoft SQL Server traffic.
3) The VPNFilter botnet, which has compromised hundreds of thousands of routers, is down - but not out.
4) The developer of a massively popular online gaming platform patched an older vulnerability that could be exploited to compromise users' machines.
5) Apple delivered fixes for its MacOS platform.