Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) A (now-patched) critical vulnerability in the Apache Struts 2 web application framework is permitting hackers to launch widespread remote attacks on web servers via publicly available exploits.
2) WordPress and Chrome received patches to cover a plethora of security issues.
3) A new study shows that zero-day vulnerabilities have a lifespan that extends to nearly seven years.
4) The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is expected to scale back its involvement with cybersecurity, although not everyone is pleased with that move.
5) Consumer Reports plans to work cybersecurity capabilities into its product ratings.