Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Google is restricting and "removing trust" in SSL/TLS certificates sold by Symantec-owned certificate authorities due to improper issuing.
2) Android security is improving, but Google still struggles to get manufacturers and carriers to improve patching capabilities.
3) With "Tax Day" approaching, the Internal Revenue Service in the United States issued new warnings over phishing scams.
4) Speaking of phishing, a slick new malicious Gmail campaign is tricking not just the gullible.
5) Recently patched vulnerabilities by Microsoft include a flaw that has been publicly exploited since the summer.