Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Legal threats against security researchers and journalists continue to have a chilling effect on important work.
2) Attackers have developed a technique to make distributed denial-of-service attacks considerably more powerful .
3) Some 23,000 SSL certificates were revoked after the CEO of a U.K.-based reseller mistakenly emailed the private keys.
4) RedDrop spyware is targeting Android users, while ionCube malware compromised hundreds of websites.
5) One malware group has earned millions over a short period through cryptomining.