Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) The cybersecurity community is mourning the loss of Howard Schmidt, the former U.S. cyber czar to two presidents.
2) A top spamming offender goofed on securing its network-based backups, resulting in the exposure of its records database, including details on 1.4 billion users.
3) The cybersecurity skills shortage facing the U.S. government is expected to get even worse under President Trump.
4) Researchers have discovered fileless malware based on Windows PowerShell scripts that relies on DNS queries for communication.
5) Most online businesses aren't doing enough to protect consumers from phishing attacks, according to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.