Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft released an out-of-band patch to plug several holes in its Malware Protection Engine that were reported by Google researchers.
2) With attacks commonplace and more regulations fast approaching, CISO salaries in Europe are nearing a significant milestone.
3) Tens of millions of Android phones may be infected with malware known as Judy, which is installed via rogue apps and engages in click fraud.
4) Open-source software Samba patched a 7-year-old vulnerability that could give rise to a network worm.
5) Be wary of hardware and chip-based hacks, whose popularity could be trending upward.