Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft is being commended for the rapid deployment of a fix on Monday for a dangerous zero-day Windows vulnerability that allowed for remote code execution.
2) Last week's fast-spreading Google Docs phishing attack, which abused the internet giant's OAuth protocol to send fake requests, was so believable that experts believe it will beckon copycats.
3) US-CERT warned of a new wave of intrusions targeting multiple industries, including IT, energy, health care and manufacturing.
4) Millions of Android users have been hit with "FalseGuide" malware after downloading any of multiple dozens of affected apps in the Google Play store.
5) Businesses have lost $5 billion over the last four years to business email compromise (also known as CEO fraud) scams.