Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) On Election Eve in the United States, internal intelligence documents show that hacker attacks on voting systems are underway.
2) Mandatory data breach notification rules are now in effect for Canadian businesses.
3) Malicious attackers are meddling with new "cardless" ATMs to steal account credentials and withdraw cash.
4) Google is now requiring cell phone manufacturers to provide Android patches for at least two years on popular devices.
5) Federal officials took additional steps to help ensure security researchers avoid being criminalized for doing their jobs.