Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft on Tuesday is expected to patch a Windows kernel privilege-escalation vulnerability that was publicly announced last week by Google.
2) A cross-site scripting vulnerability in a popular web development platform places millions of websites at risk of attack.
3) A new cybersecurity law in China set to take effect next year garnered foreign opposition.
4) Exemptions were added to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to lift ethical hacking restrictions.
5) All eyes are on Election Day tomorrow in the United States, including whether hackers will impact the proceedings.