Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) The record-breaking DDoS attack recently launched against a popular security blogger's website was powered by a botnet made up of weakly credentialed IoT devices.
2) Google delivered security fixes for its Android OS.
3) FastPOS point-of-sale malware is gearing up for the holiday season with a fresh upgrade.
4) Are security awareness efforts falling on deaf and "fatigued" ears? Yes, says a new study.
5) Nonprofit MITRE is giving away $50,000 if you can come up with a novel way to detect rogue IoT devices.