Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Microsoft pushed out its October round of security fixes to address 50 vulnerabilities, but one of the patches to remediate a zero-day flaw may be incomplete.
2) A bogus software update for Adobe Flash instead installs cryptomining malware.
3) Google extended new requirements to help ensure extensions built for its Chrome browser are secure.
4) State-sponsored hackers are borrowing publicly available tools to launch espionage attacks.
5) The U.S. government is rolling out two-factor authentication for website administrators.