Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) The European Union is planning to impose security rules for Internet of Things manufacturers.
2) Adobe and Microsoft issued security updates, and the latter also rolled out a new patching model that prevents users from being selective with the fixes they apply.
3) Google patched its Chrome browser, and Cisco plugged a hole in its enterprise conferencing software.
4) New malware may affect more than half of all Android devices.
5) Worldwide security spending will reach the $100 billion mark by 2020.