Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) A Linux privilege-escalation vulnerability - nicknamed Dirty COW because of where it is located in the kernel - that came to light about a year ago is now under active exploit in Android devices.
2) Phishers are using several popular banks as the lure in email-based attacks seeking to spread malware.
3) Microsoft is playing down the risk associated with a vulnerability researchers say can help bypass Windows Defender anti-malware protections.
4) Researchers are set to show how millions of Mac computers may not be receiving their necessary firmware updates.
5) The U.S. Senate passed a new law aimed at providing small and midsize businesses with additional cybersecurity resources.