Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Victims across the world absorbed another major ransomware outbreak, dubbed Bad Rabbit, that spreads via drive-by attacks and is connected to the Petya campaign from earlier this year.
2) One year after the Mirai IoT botnet delivered crippling DDoS attacks, the similarly constructed Reaper botnet may present a similar threat.
3) As Microsoft implements new anti-ransomware measures in its latest Windows 10 update, the hostage-holding malware is easier than ever to purchase.
4) Stolen CEO email addresses and passwords are showing up in droves in password dumps.
5) The Apache Software Foundation dealt fixes for high-severity OpenOffice vulnerabilities.