Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) Google will soon warn Chrome users when they visit websites that transmit passwords, credit card numbers and other data over 'HTTP' connections.
2) The White House named the first-ever federal chief information security officer.
3) The U.S. Justice Department is studying how the Internet of Things can affect national security.
4) WordPress users are urged to install the latest patches.
5) Researchers cautioned of a new piece of sophisticated malware targeting largely government users.