Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook. You can also get our top news and content emailed to you - just sign up here.
1) A malware researcher discovered more than 700 million records being used by a spamming botnet.
2) Beware of fraudulent and malware-laden Hurricane Harvey emails and websites in the wake of the big storm. And with Hurricane Irma bearing down on land, the same will likely go for that cyclone.
3) Locky ransomware is back from the dead and is responsible for a massive uptick in ransomware spam.
4) A gaping cross-site scripting vulnerability in the extension of a widely used WordPress plug-in was patched.
5) Good news for CISOs: Average salaries for security chiefs are on the rise.