1) Couldn't make it to Las Vegas for Black Hat and Defcon? Wired compiled a comprehensive recap of the most talked-about presentations.
2) Hackers at Defcon had a field day with election systems.
3) A mysterious piece of malware, dubbed Fruitfly and which is designed to steal keystrokes, among other clandestine actions, has affected hundreds of Mac users, potentially for years.
4) Authorities in China arrested a group allegedly responsible for "Fireball" adware, described last month as affecting some one-fifth of corporate networks.
5) Adobe will end support for Flash by the end of the decade.