Fifth-Annual List Honors Leading MSSP, MDR and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
Chicago – September 24, 2021 – MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., named Trustwave to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2021.
The list and research identify and honor the top managed security service providers (MSSPs), managed detection and response (MDR) providers, and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
For the fifth year in a row, Trustwave has been named a top 10 managed security service provider by MSSP Alert – coming in at #6 this year. Trustwave was recognized for its ability to combine its cloud-native Trustwave Fusion XDR platform and elite SpiderLabs team to provide industry-leading automated threat detection and response capabilities, threat intelligence and powerful analytics for its MDR customers.
Leveraging data from across Trustwave’s 5,000+ MSS global customers along with discreet security research to hone in on attack vectors, indicators of compromise (IoCs) and attacker behaviors across a multitude of verticals, SpiderLabs makes Trustwave truly differentiated.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth annual list and research report tracks the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate Trustwave on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware and supply chain cyber-attacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts -- roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
Trustwave is recognized as a global security leader in managed security services (MSS) and managed detection and response (MDR). With more than 2,000 world-class security professionals operating on behalf of clients across 96 countries, Trustwave helps organizations across the globe detect and respond to threats 24x7 in the hybrid multi-cloud world. The elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS. For more information, visit www.trustwave.com