The ModSecurity Project Team is happy to announce our first community hacking challenge!
This is a SQL Injection and Filter Evasion Challenge. We have setup ModSecurity to proxy to the following 4 commercial vuln scanner demo sites:
- IBM (AppScan) - demo.testfire.net site
- Cenzic (HailStorm) - CrackMe Bank site
- HP (WebInspect) - Free Bank site
- Acunetix (Acunetix) - Acuart site
To successfully complete the challenge, participants must do the following:
- Identify a SQL Injection vector within one of the demo websites listed above.
- Successfully enumerate the following information about the database:
- DB User(s) - provide request data.
- DB Name(s) - provide request data.
- Table Name(s) - provide request data.
- Column Name(s) - provide request data.
Please send challenge submissions to email@example.com with the details from above.
There are two levels to this challenge:
Level 1 - Speed Hacking
Winners of this level will be determined as the first person to identify the enumeration data listed above for each demo app. There will be 4 winners at this level and they will be listed on the challenge page.
Level 2 - Filter Evasion
Winners of this level will be anyone who is able to enumerate the data listed above for each demo app without triggering an Inbound ModSecurity Alert. If ModSecurity sees any inbound attacks or outbound application defects/info leakages, it will prepend a warning banner to the top of the page. Here is an example:
|ModSecurity Alert Message:|
Inbound Alert: SQL Injection
Outbound Alert: SQL Information Leakage.