Now on to five security things to know this week:
1) Open-source web content management system Drupal patched a "highly critical" vulnerability that potentially exposed more than a million sites to attack.
2) The threat posed by Microsoft patches for the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities appears to be overblown.
3) Apple released a security update that patches a swath of major vulnerabilities across its operating systems.
4) Brian Krebs investigated the latest on typosquatting, and why major brands need to be doing more to protect their customers.
5) Legitimate-looing QR code applications in the Google Play store, which actually contained malware, were downloaded at least a half-million times.