1) Oracle doled out its largest-ever patch update for nearly 300 security vulnerabilities, including some high-profile bugs, across its product line.
2) A Russian hacker and credit card thief responsible for causing tens of millions of dollars of damage though point-of-sale attacks received a record-breaking sentence.
3) Malware again has infiltrated Google's app store.
4) Which communication tools do cybercriminals prefer?
5) A newly released Google Chrome update seeks to close off browser language functionality that may help create believable phishing messages.