1) As the ransomware threat becomes a bonafide crisis, the U.S. and Canadian governments issued a rare joint warning advising businesses to be wary of attacks and discouraging them from paying extortion demands.
2) With U.S. tax season now in full swing, phishers are turning to W-2 scams to induce unsuspecting users into clicking on malicious lures.
3) An Apple vulnerability could allow intruders to access iOS enterprise management functionality and send malicious apps to targeted devices.
4) A maker of e-commerce software patched cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in its shopping cart that could have permitted compromise and defacements of internet domains.
5) More companies are taking a chance on ex-criminal hackers.