1) The number of disclosed vulnerabilities through the first half of 2018 reached a record level.
2) WordPress installations are once again exposed to attacks due a PHP vulnerability affecting content management systems.
3) Malicious spammers are leveraging fake Microsoft Publisher files to spread a remote access trojan as part of a campaign first spotted by Trustwave SpiderLabs.
4) An FBI alert warning of imminent ATM "cash out" attacks appears to have become reality.
5) Worldwide information security spending is expected to rise to nearly $125 billion.