1) In an unusual action, a group of technology firms united to dismantle a fast-growing and dangerous DDoS botnet consisting of compromised Android devices.
2) Microsoft is advancing efforts to make admin tool PowerShell less attractive for attackers.
3) In an apparent supply chain attack, malware known as "ShadowPad" gave hackers backdoor access to financial, energy and manufacturing firms.
4) Popular TV show "Game of Thrones," whose season finale was Sunday night, is being leveraged to trick users into clicking on phishing emails.
5) Ransomware attacks are becoming even more targeted.