Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.
1) Microsoft issued an emergency fix for a nasty remote code execution bug in its Malware Protection Engine.
2) Phishing attacks are more believable than ever, so users must respond with increased vigilance.
3) Spurred on by breaches and compliance demands, global security spending will top off at nearly $100 billion by next year, roughly one-fifth of which will go toward outsourced security.
4) A years-old vulnerability patched in May in open-source software Samba has given rise to a new ransomware attack.
5) Another massive botnet consisting of hacked Internet of Things devices - dubbed Satori - is poised to strike at any time.